The original version of this document is English (United States). In case of conflict between the translation of this document and the original version, the latter shall prevail. Please note that Section 16 contains amendments that concern the users are outside the US
Revised:. October 4, 2010
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities h2. >
This Statement of rights and responsibilities ( “Statement”) is based on the principles of Facebook and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Facebook. Your use of Facebook or your access to Facebook indicates your acceptance of this Statement.
2. Sharing your content and your information
The content and information you post on Facebook belong to you. You can control how we share your content through the privacy settings and applications. Also: Videos 1. For content protected by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ( “IP”), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ( “IP license”). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your account is shared with other people who have not deleted.
2. When you delete your content ownership intellectual, this content is deleted in a manner similar to emptying recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a while (but they are not available).
4. When you publish content or information using the parameter “everyone”, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people who do not use Facebook, to access these information and use them, but also to associate them with you (that is to say, your name and your profile picture).
5. We appreciate your comments and suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we can use without compensation obligation (as you have no obligation to inform us).
We are doing everything possible to make Facebook a safe service, but can not guarantee absolute security. To do this, we need your help, which includes the following obligations: Videos 1. You will not send and will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Facebook
2. . You will not get information about users or the content they publish, and otherwise access to Facebook using automated methods (such as robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
3. You will not engage in marketing or other pyramid scheme on Facebook.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information and n . ‘will reach not an account belonging to someone else
6. You will not bully, intimidate, do not harass other users
7. You will not post content not. incite hatred or violence, threatening, pornographic or containing nudity or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or not exploit an application that contains or promotes content related to alcohol or adult (including advertisements) without restriction on age-related access.
9 . you will respect our rules on promotions and all applicable laws if you are advertising or offer a contest or sweepstakes ( “promotion”) on Facebook.
10. you will not use Facebook in order to illegal activity, illegal, malicious or discriminatory.
11. You will act not in a way that could disable or impair the proper functioning of the Facebook service (as an attack denial-of-service).
12 . You do not allow and will not encourage any violations of this Statement.
4. Registration and Account Security
Facebook users provide their real names and real information about them, and we ask you to help us that this does not change. Here are some terms you agree to the registration and the security of your account.
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook and do not create an account for another person without authorization
2. you will not create a single personal profile.
3. If we delete your account, you do not create other without our permission.
4. you will not use your profile staff for commercial purposes (such as selling your status update to an advertiser, for example).
5. you will not use Facebook if you are under 13 years.
6. you ‘ not use Facebook if you need to register with local authorities because of a conviction for sexual assault.
7. you keep your contact information accurate, current.
8. you will not share your password (or, in the case of developers, your secret key), will not allow others to access your account or do not anything that could compromise the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including pages or applications you are the administrator) without prior written permission from us.
10. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to withdraw it if we deem inappropriate (for example, when the holder of a trademark complaint is regarding a username that does not match the actual name of the user).
5. Protecting the rights of others
We respect the rights of others and we ask you to do the same.
1. You will not post content and not take any action on Facebook might violate the rights of others or otherwise violate the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Facebook if we believe it is in violation of this Declaration.
3 . We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to report infringements of intellectual property rights?.
4. If we remove your content because of an infringement of copyright of a third party and that you feel that this is an error, we also provide the means to appeal.
5. If you violate the intellectual property rights of third parties several times, we may delete your account. 6.
will not use our trademarks (including Facebook, the Facebook and F logos, FB, Face, Poke, Wall, Wall and 32665) or any other similar trademark could cause confusion, without our written permission.
7. If you get information from users: you will get their agreement and you present clearly that it is you (and not Facebook) that collect this information, and you publish your policy to respect the privacy showing information collected and the use that is made.
8. You will not post no official documents or financial information relating to others on Facebook.
9. You will recognize not people who do not use Facebook and does not send them email messages without their consent. < / p>
1. We currently offer free mobile services. However, the rates charged by your operator, like texting, are your responsibility.
2. If you change your mobile phone number and would turn off your mobile phone account, you will put your account update on Facebook within 48 hours, and to ensure that messages intended for you are not sent to the person to whom your old phone number would be affected.
3. you grant all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including from an application) their contact lists with any basic information and contact information they have access to Facebook, as well as your name and profile picture. p >
7. Payments and tips
1. If you make a payment on Facebook or use Facebook Credits, you agree to our Terms of payment.
2. If you use a good plan, you agree to our Conditions the tips.
3. If you offer a good plan or work with us to provide, you agree to our Terms and Conditions for tips for vendors in addition to any other agreement between us.
8. Special provisions for shared links
If you include the link to share button on your website, the following apply to you: Videos 1. We give you permission use the link sharing Facebook button to allow users to post links or content from your website on Facebook.
2. You give us permission to use and authorize others parties to use such links and content on Facebook.
3. You will place no link sharing button on a page content in violation of this Declaration when posted on Facebook.
< h2> 9. Special Provisions Applicable to Developers / Operators of Applications and websites
If you are a developer or operator of a website or application using our Platform, the following additional conditions apply to your case: Videos 1. you are responsible for your application and its content, and the way you use the platform. You should especially ensure that your application or your use of the Platform meets our Rules of the Facebook platform and our Advertising Guidelines.
2. Your access to the data you receive from Facebook and the use you make will be limited as follows:.
1. you ask the data you need to operate your application
3. You will not use, do not post, do not share and do not transfer user data in a manner contrary to your policy Privacy.
4. you will delete all data about a user that you receive from us if the user so you demand and you instaurerez a process that allows users to make such a request.
5. you will not include any data on a user received us in an advertisement.
6. you will not transfer, directly or indirectly, data received from us to (or will not use such data in connection with) networks or systems of exchange of advertisements, data brokers and other tools related to advertising, even if a user has authorized you to transfer or use.
7. you will not sell the data the USER owers. In case of acquisition of your company by a third party, you can continue to use data relating to users of your application, but can not transfer data outside of your application.
8. We can ask delete the data related to users of your application if you use them in a way contrary to what users are entitled to expect.
9. We can limit your access to data.
10. you comply with all the restrictions set out in our Rules of the Facebook platform.
3. you do not give us information that you obtained from users or user content without their prior consent.
4. you will provide users with a simple mechanism allowing them to withdraw your application or to break the link with your application.
5. you will provide users with a simple way to contact you. We may also disclose your email address to users and people who accuse you of not respecting their rights in any way whatsoever.
6. You will provide technical support for your application.
7 . you will not post no third party advertisements or search field on the web on Facebook.
8. We give you all rights necessary to use the code, APIs, data and tools you receive from us.
9. you will not sell, you will not transfer and you will propose not to sublicense our code, our APIs or our tools.
10. you shall offer not incorrectly your relationship with Facebook.
11. you can use the logos we offer to developers or issue a press release or other public statement, provided that you comply with our Rules of the Facebook platform.
12. We published er a press release describing our relationship with you.
13. You will comply with all applicable laws. In particular (where applicable).
1. You will have a policy of removing infringing content and excluding repeat offenders, according to the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
2. You will respect the law VPPA (Video Privacy Protection Act) and get explicit consent from users before sharing with Facebook all data submitted to VPPA. You declare on my honor that the information you communicate to us will not be the part of the ordinary course of your business.
14. We do not guarantee that the platform remains free.
15. You give us all rights necessary to enable your application to work with Facebook, including the right to incorporate content and information you provide in news son, profiles and news about user actions.
16. You give us the right to link to your application or into a frame, and place certain content, such as ads, around your application.
17. We can analyze your application , content, and data for any purpose, including commercial (such as to better target the dissemination of advertisements and indexing content for search).
18. We can check the application to ensure safety of used ators.
19. We can create applications that offer similar features and services, and potentially in competition with those of your application.
About advertisements and other commercial content distributed by Facebook
Our goal is to serve ads to advantage for advertisers, but also for the user. To do so, you agree to the following conditions: Videos 1. You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial content, sponsored content or other content (such as a brand you provide love) that we broadcast. You give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content, according to the limits you set.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we can not always identify paid services and communications as such.
11. Special conditions apply to advertisers
You can target your audience by buying ads on Facebook or on our publication network. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order ( “Order”) through our advertising online portal: Videos 1. When you order, you communicate to us the type of advertising you want buy, the amount you want to spend and your offer. If we accept your order, we play your ad in the order flow of the stock. During the broadcast of advertising, we strive to present it to your target audience but can not guarantee that this will always happen.
2. When we consider that a change could improve the effectiveness of your campaign, we can make them less strict targeting criteria.
3. you will pay the cost of your orders in accordance with our Terms of payment. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
4. Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
5. We will decide on the size, location and position of your ads .
6. We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will be, as the number of clicks they receive.
7. We can not control how users interact with your ads . Also, we are not responsible for any click fraud or other actions that may affect the cost of operating advertisements. However, we have systems to detect and filter certain suspicious activity. For more information, click here.
8. You can cancel your order at any time through our online portal, knowing that 24 hours can pass before the actual stopping advertisements. The cost of these advertisements are your responsibility.
9. Our operating license of your ads expires once the command is executed. However, you understand that if users have interacted with your ads, they can remain visible until the user erased.
10. We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing purposes or promotion.
11. You will not post no press release or public statements about your relationship with Facebook without our prior written permission.
12. We may reject or remove any advertisement without having to justify it.
13. If you publish advertisements on behalf of a sponsor, we must ensure that you have permission, including: Videos 1. you warrant that you are legally entitled to accept this declaration on behalf of your sponsor.
2. you agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible.
12. Special conditions apply to
1. We can change this Statement as long as we notify you (via the Facebook Site Governance Page) and give you the opportunity to comment. To receive these warnings, become a fan of the Facebook page Site Governance.
2. For changes to sections 7, 8, 9 and 11 (sections relating to payments, application developers to, web site operators and advertisers), we will give notice at least three days. For all other changes we will give notice at least seven days. These comments should be published on the Facebook Site Governance Page.
3. If more than 7,000 users comment on the proposed change, we will also give you the opportunity to participate in a vote in which alternatives will be proposed. We will respect the outcome of the vote if more than 30% of all active registered users as of notice may vote.
4. We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement . In this case, we will give notice but not the opportunity to comment on the modification.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create a risk of lawsuits against us, we can stop providing all or part of Facebook. We will notify you by email or on your next connection to your account. You can also delete your account or disable your application at any time. If applicable, this declaration will lapse, but the following conditions will remain in effect: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 8.2, 9.1-9.3, 9.9, 9.10, 9.13, 9.15, 9.18, 10.3, 11.2, 11.5, 11.6, 11.9 , 11.12, 11.13 and 14-18.
Disputes 1. You will wear any complaint ( “Complaint”) relating to this Statement or Facebook exclusively in the federal state courts located in Santa Clara County, California. The state of California law is the law applied to this Statement, as well as any action between you and us, without regard to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to respect the jurisdiction of the courts in Santa Clara County, California, in the context of such actions.
2. In case of complaint against us due to your actions, your content or to your information on Facebook you indemnify Facebook for any loss, liability, claims, demands, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to the complaint.
3. WE TRY tO PROVIDE FACEBOOK iN a SAFE aND ERROR-FREE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING FACEBOOK “AS IS” WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT FACEBOOK WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. FACEBOOK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE FACEBOOK, THE ITS OFFICERS, MEMBERS OF ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR COMPLAINTS OR DAMAGES, kNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO CLAIMS OR DAMAGES AGAINST SUCH THIRD PARTY. IF YOU IN CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE THE §1542 CLAUSE OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, THE TEXT IS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE debtor. “WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING FROM THIS STATEMENT OR FACEBOOK, EVEN IF FACEBOOK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. The AGGREGATE TOTAL OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR FACEBOOK WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU DURING THE PAST 12 MONTHS OR $ 100 USD VALUE THE HIGHEST BEING CONSIDERED. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATION OR ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, FACEBOOK’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
16. Terms specific to users outside the United States
We strive to create a community without borders with consistent standards for everyone, while respecting local laws. The following terms apply to users outside the United States: Videos 1. You agree that your information transferred to and processed in the United States
2. If you are in a country under the kick. an embargo from the United States or mentioned in the list of “Specially Designated Nationals” of the US Treasury Department, you can not conduct commercial activities on Facebook (such as advertising or exchange of payments) or operate a website or implementation of the Platform.
3. Some specific clauses to users residing in Germany are located here.
17. Definitions 1. “Facebook” mean the features and services we make available through (a) our website at www.facebook.com or other website Facebook or co-branded (including sub-domains, international, widgets, and mobile versions versions), (b) our platform and (c) social plugins such as the like button, the Share button and other p roducts like, and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), existing equipment or network or developed in the future.
2. “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services that allow users, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Facebook or provide data to us.
3. “information” we mean content and information about you, such as actions you take on the site.
4. By “content” we mean content and information you post on Facebook, which does not meet the definition of “information”.
5. “data” we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from Facebook or provide to Facebook through Platform.
6. “published” or “publication “we mean what you post on Facebook or otherwise make our disposal (such as using an application).
7. “use” or “use” we mean copying, dissemination, distribution, modification, translation, and the creation of derivative works.
8. “active user” we mean a user who has connected to their Facebook account at least once in the last 30 days.
9. By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as any other device that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data you received from us, the term “application” will apply until you delete the data.
1. “If you live in the US or Canada (or if your principal place of business located there), this Statement is an agreement between you and Facebook, Inc. Otherwise, this Statement is agreement between you and Facebook Ireland Limited. By “we”, “us”, “our” we mean Facebook, Inc. or Facebook Ireland Limited.
2. This Statement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties regarding Facebook, and supersedes any agreement precedent.
3. If any part of this statement is invalid or unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect and enforceable.
4. Our failure to enforce this Statement shall be deemed a waiver.
5. Any amendment or waiver of this Statement must be in writing and signed by us.
6. you will not transfer any rights or obligations incumbent on you as part of this Declaration to third parties without our agreement.
7. All the rights and obligations under this Statement are transferable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of our assets, a request for proceedings or in other cases .
8. Nothing in this agreement shall prevent us from re specter law.
9. This Statement does not confer any right to a third party beneficiary.